The Mindful Dog is a NSW COVIDsafe registered business. Your instructor, Radica Raeves T/a The Mindful Dog, is triple vaccinated against COVID-19.
Due to the unique nature of my in-person services, I choose to go above and beyond the current health advice and policy settings installed by our government officials.
I choose to apply precautionary, safe practises with regards to airborne, respiratory disease control, as advised by subject matter experts, worldwide - including OzSAGE.
These include, but are not limited to, additional precautionary measures, in order to minimise health risks for all my clients, myself, my loved ones and my community.
Half of us (50% of the Australian population) have one or more “underlying health conditions”.
Therefore, following COVID-19 requirements and conditions of entry apply when attending in-person classes,
in addition to any government health orders - and will remain in place until further notice:
1. Capacity is limited in order to minimise aerosol accumulation in the classroom, and to limit the potential risk of droplet, surface or airborne transmission:
- max. 8 puppies per group class
- max. 2 adult, triple vaccinated, persons per enrolled puppy can attend group classes (this can be a different person each week)
- NO exceptions can be made
2. Upon request, everyone presents their valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate prior to entry - or, you present a valid medical exemption
3. Everyone wears a high quality face mask (respirators N95/P2/KF94/FFP2) over their nose and mouth, in order to minimise aerosol accumulation in the classroom, and to limit the potential risk of droplet, surface or airborne transmission.
- NO exceptions can be made - unless you require, and can present a valid medical exemption
4. Everyone practises physical distancing (minimum 1.5 m).
- However, when practising puppy training games and off leash puppy play, social distancing can be challenging;
therefore the precautionary measure of wearing a face mask will remain required for all attendees.
5. Everyone sanitises their hands on arrival and on departure.
- Use of the provided sensor-based hand sanitiser is required prior to entering the classroom, and is strongly advised upon leaving the classroom.
6. Everyone practises respiratory etiquette.
- When lowering your mask - e.g. to blow your nose -, be mindful to minimise launching droplets and aerosols into the air and onto surfaces.
7. Ventilation, sanitisation and change-overs will be managed to minimise risk.
- All doors and windows at the venue will remain open, to allow for maximum airflow and ventilation during and between each class group.
- Seating and commonly touched surfaces will be sanitised by your instructor, prior to your class.
- The 15 minute change-over time between class groups is in place to facilitate minimal contact between each group of attendees,
and to allow the classroom to be ventilated. Please try to be on time. Please do not linger after your class has ended..
8. Stay home if you have tested positive (RAT or PCR).
Stay home and get tested if unwell, or if unsure.
Stay home if you have visited a known exposure site,
or have been identified as a close or casual contact in the last 14 days!
9. If you do not wish to cooperate with our COVIDsafe conditions of entry, and you do not agree with The Mindful Dog's general terms and conditions; you absolutely have the "freedom" to book elsewhere, and your instructor has the legal right to refuse you entry to the premises.
10. You will only be entitled to a full refund, in accordance with our terms and conditions.
During the pandemic, any of the following health risk and safety thresholds will trigger The Mindful Dog to temporarily switch
from delivering puppy parenting classes in-person to continuing to deliver them online (Zoom classes):
- If the puppy class venue has been identified as a COVID-19 exposure location.
- If federal or NSW Government officials advises limiting movement and contact, or issues "stay at home" (lock down) orders, which include our Sydney North Shore service area.
- If, based on increasing: COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths - and supporting government health advice,
and/or supporting OzSAGE health advice, Radica Raeves T/a The Mindful Dog,
deems in-person classes too high risk for the time being.
The switch in format, from our in-person classes to online classes, does not constitute a cancellation of our services.
You will be duly notified via phone, SMS or email - to ensure a smooth transition from in-person puppy school to online puppy school, and vice versa.
The Mindful Dog has successfully applied this format switch approach throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring our new puppy owners never miss out on important puppy learning milestones.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, any of the following service disruption criteria will entitle you to either a full or a partial refund, based on outstanding services in relation to your existing booking:
- If your puppy school instructor, Radica Raeves FDM CPDT-KA, tests positive for COVID-19, and therefore is required to self-isolate and unable to deliver your service.
- If your puppy school instructor, Radica Raeves FDM CPDT-KA, is ill and therefore unable to deliver your service.
- If your puppy school instructor, Radica Raeves FDM CPDT-KA, is deceased.
The safest alternative: online puppy parenting classes and private coaching services:
The "No risks. Just benefits!" 100% COVID safe alternative: The Mindful Dog's hands-on, interactive classes, live coaching, live Q & A, recorded and delivered to you, online with Zoom.
- The Mindful Dog's Online Puppy Parenting Classes: a 5-week program with live, online Zoom classes,
video course and digital downloads, weekly Q&A sessions and support community, for just AUD $250.00.
- Private Coaching Video Consultations with The Mindful Dog's certified, professional dog trainer
and puppy class instructor, Radica Raeves FDM CPDT-KA, for AUD $225.00 (90 minute session).
You can check availability, and quickly secure your spot from our online booking page.