Due to the unique nature of my face-to-face services, I choose to go above and beyond the current health advice provided by government officials. I choose to apply fundamental best practices with regards to respiratory disease control, as advised by subject matter experts, worldwide. These include, but are not limited to, additional precautionary measures, in order to minimise health risks for all my clients, myself, my loved ones and my community.
The Mindful Dog's COVID-19 restrictions and requirements will remain in place, in addition to any government health emergency advice until:
1. Australia’s vaccination roll-out effectively achieves "herd immunity".
2. The WHO downgrades the pandemic.
During the pandemic, the following restrictions and requirements will apply, in relation to attending The Mindful Dog’s face-to-face services (Puppy School and Puppy Play Dates):
1. Capacity is limited in order to minimise aerosol accumulation in the classroom, and to limit the potential risk of droplet, surface or airborne transmission:
- max. 6 puppies per group class
- max. 1 person per enrolled puppy can attend group classes (this can be a different person each week)
- NO children under 18 can attend at this stage
- NO exceptions can be made
2. Wearing of face masks is required, in order to minimise aerosol accumulation in the classroom, and to limit the potential risk of droplet, surface or airborne transmission.
- NO exceptions can be made
3. Social distancing between attendees is required (minimum 1.5 m).
- However, when practising puppy training games and off leash puppy play, social distancing can be challenging; therefore the precautionary measure of wearing a face mask will remain required for all attendees.
4. Sanitising hands before entering the training space is required.
- Use of the sensor-based hand sanitiser is required prior to entering the classroom, and strongly advised upon leaving the classroom.
5. Respiratory etiquette is required.
- When lowering your mask - e.g. to blow your nose -, be mindful to minimise launching droplets and aerosols into the air and onto surfaces.
6. Ventilation, sanitisation and change-overs will be managed to minimise risk.
- All doors and windows at the venue will remain open, to allow for maximum ventilation during and between each class group.
- Seating and commonly touched surfaces will be sanitised by your instructor, prior to your class.
- The 15 minute change-over time between class groups is in place to facilitate minimal contact between each group of attendees, and to allow the classroom to be ventilated. Please try to be on time and do not linger after your class session.
7. Stay home and get tested if unwell, or, if you are a close or casual contact!
- If needed, I can organise private, online catch-up sessions over Zoom. So you don't need to worry that you might miss something.
During the pandemic, any of the following risk and safety thresholds will trigger The Mindful Dog to temporarily switch from delivering our face-to-face puppy school services to our online puppy school (Zoom classes):
- If the puppy school venue has been identified as a COVID-19 exposure location.
- If 3 or more exposure sites have been identified in our Sydney North Shore service area.
- If 3 or more positive COVID-19 cases have been identified in our Sydney North Shore service area.
- If the NSW Government advises limiting movement or imposes a lockdown which includes our Sydney North Shore service area.
The above switch to our online puppy school format will not constitute a cancellation of our services. You will be duly notified via phone, SMS and email - to ensure a smooth transition from face-to-face puppy school to online puppy school, and vice versa. The Mindful Dog has succesfully applied this format switch approach throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring our new puppy owners never miss out on important puppy learning milestones.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, any of the following service disruption criteria will entitle you to either a full or a partial refund, based on outstanding services in relation to your existing booking:
- If your puppy school instructor, Radica Raeves CPDT-KA, tests positive for COVID-19, and therefore is required to self-isolate and unable to deliver your service.
- If your puppy school instructor, Radica Raeves CPDT-KA, is ill and therefore unable to deliver your service.
- If your puppy school instructor, Radica Raeves CPDT-KA, is deceased.
Alternative online puppy school and private training services:
The "No risks. Just benefits!" 100% COVID safe alternative: The Mindful Dog's hands-on, in-person, live coaching and dog training education, delivered online with Zoom.
- The Mindful Dog’s Online Puppy School: a 4-week course with live, online Zoom classes, for AUD $220.00.
- Private Video Consultations with The Mindful Dog’s certified, professional dog trainer and puppy class instructor, Radica Raeves CPDT-KA, for AUD $99.00 (45 minute session). You can check availability, and quickly secure your spot from our online booking page.